Solved

2022.1.1 FeatureWriter isn't sending to output ports (worked in 2021.2)

• 27 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

I am creating a series of small jpeg files using a feature writer with each jpeg getting it's name from a unique value (myRLU_@Value(RLUOID)). I recently upgraded to 2022.1.1 from 2021.2 - things were working until I upgraded.

oneI have 20 records coming into the FeatureWriter and 20 showing in the Summary port but no records passing through the output port.

twoThe FeatureWriter creates the jpgs but does not pass through the records to the testfilter transformer?

Has anyone else had issues with this in 2022.1.1? Any ideas how to get this running again?

Could this be helpful in diagnosing the issue: FeatureWriter_5: Bulk features are not supported because the expression contains a function call

After playing around some more - looks like the issue is the FeatureWriter using an attribute as the output filename. When I change it to a "hard-coded" value, the records are available in the output port.

icon

Best answer by bozboswell 30 August 2022, 19:20

View original

2 replies

Badge +5

So, it wasn't the featurewriter in the end. After a bunch of troubleshooting, I was able to resolve the issue by copy and pasting all of the transformers from the existing FMW file into a new FMW file...

The original FMW file had been created in 2020.x, resaved as 2021.x and recently saved as 2022.1. It seems like there was something in the workspace that didn't play well with the existing transformers. It was a simple fix but not without a bunch of other troubleshooting.

Badge

Saw same behavior, created a brand new workspace and the FeatureWriter out was working again. A headscratcher, but thank you for the solution!