Skip to main content

I have multiple FME Flow/Server Apps that are used by a lot of people. We have not decided to give each individual their own account on Flow. That might be the answer, but is there a way to get the user ip address or computer name? If it is a public accessible app I know it might be tough, but I feel like it should be able to read this in the logs. 

If you are talking about the internal ip address (associated to a computer name), then I would say that the answer in most cases will be no. If all the users are coming from different public ips, then yes, you could get the IP from appropriate locations in your networking environment.

If you are talking about users within your organisation, then yes, adding users (especially via Active Directory or Entra ID (AAD)) via groups/roles is an easy approach to achieve this. By adding a group and assigning it to a server app, you do not need to set any permission for the user or group and then you can get the ran by user.

Thank you for the response, within the organization I am just looking for some way to identify a user if they don’t enter in their email. So basically, yes I was looking to gather the internal ip address for security purposes. Based on a deep dive, it doesn’t look possible. Which is a shame, but that also would probably cause security concerns.