Skip to main content
Solved

FDO Install, change FME\Plugins Directory

• 3 September 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve installed a newer version of FME (2024.1.0.0) previously used it to convert MicroStation DGNs to a SDF file worked a treat (to be consumed by a MapGuide service), however this new version requires FDO be installed at C:\Program Files\FME\plugins\fdo ?
I don’t have administrative rights on this PC and was wondering if there’s a way to override the directory FDO .dll would be searched for or if not simply dumping the latest FDO release in that directory is ok and would work? sorry the error is a little light on the details…

I’ve tried the 32bit and 64bit FDO releases and added them to my PATH environment variable, but this doesn’t seem to work.

Error: 

Failed to find FDO libraries in either of the default paths 'C:\Program Files\FME\plugins\fdo'. Additional software is required to use this format. Feature Data Objects (FDO) is available at https://www.osgeo.org/projects/fdo/

SDF3 writer: An error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Cheers

Adam

Hey @adamj,

As you've already discovered, with FME 2024+, we are no longer shipping the SDF dependencies (FDO files), requiring any users using those readers/writers to acquire the dependencies from OSGeo themselves. This is the case on both Form and Flow. Please see our documentation here which further highlights this change.

Additionally, a ticket has been created to further look into the PATH variable since it didn’t work for you. I will comment on this post once there’s an update on it.

Hope that helps!

Emma