Skip to main content
Solved

Error 2755 installing FME Flow

• 6 August 2024
  • 7 replies

I get this error installing FME Flow 2024.1 on Windows 10. I don’t believe it’s related to the only other forum thread on this error as I have 30 GB of free space on C:.

Hi @mattwilkie,

Because the FME installer extracts all of the data into ‘C:/FME’ by default and also installs additional data into ‘C:/Program Files/FMEFlow’ (once again by default), I believe that you may have slightly not enough space to perform the installation still. I would recommend to increase your storage by ~30GB more to be safe, or specify a different drive for the files to extract portion, then try running the installer again.

“by default” implies there are methods to choose alternate locations. How does one do that?

(This is a test server used to trial FM Flow upgrade before applying to production server. It’s a physical machine and increasing C: space is less straightforward than in a VM or docker.)

“by default” implies there are methods to choose alternate locations. How does one do that?

(This is a test server used to trial FM Flow upgrade before applying to production server. It’s a physical machine and increasing C: space is less straightforward than in a VM or docker.)

I neglected to say that System Share and DB files are pointed at 😨 volume. Only the “install to” location is on C:

I apologize for the confusion - when I say “by default” I simply mean the default path which appears when going through the installer. When you reach each path variable option there will be the ability to specify your own path, which I believe you are already doing. 

You can read more information on selecting file paths in our documentation by choosing your install type and OS, then the ‘Run the Installer’ page.

Huh. FME 2024 did install after all, and did not roll back after the error like the installer said it was going to, or at least not all the way.

• FME 2024 is listed in Add or Remove Programs
  • Start, Restart and Stop FME Flow services all work
  • Web UI doesn’t work
    • → correction: does work, it’s just terribly slow. Flow Application service + Antimalware Service Executable consuming 100% CPU.

Huh. FME 2024 did install after all, and did not roll back after the error like the installer said it was going to, or at least not all the way.

• FME 2024 is listed in Add or Remove Programs
  • Start, Restart and Stop FME Flow services all work
  • Web UI doesn’t work
    • → correction: does work, it’s just terribly slow. Flow Application service + Antimalware Service Executable consuming 100% CPU.

Hi @mattwilkie,

It’s great to hear that your install was successful this time! If the Application Service is still extremely slow after a restart and after the antivirus scan is complete, please reach out to Customer Support and I will be happy to continue troubleshooting with you from there.

Cheers,

• Luke

re: “successfull this time” -- to be clear, I only installed once, and it worked in spite of the error saying it didn’t.