Solved

FME Flow - Workspace App not allowing additional "Allowed Users" when Authentication is required

• 15 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

I am having trouble setting up an FME Flow Workspace App. 

We have setup our environment to have many users added to the “fmeguest” group and have them pretty much exclusively use Flow by accessing Workspace Apps. 

For a while now we have been using the “Requires Authentication” option on our flow apps with “fmeguest” as an Allowed User. 

However this appears to now not be working. Any time we add any additional allowed user (above the author of the app) and hit ok to host the app, those users are dropped. When we return to the edit screen only the app creator has access again. This means no additional users can gain access to the flow apps, which very much defeats the purpose of them. 

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, might be a tricky one for people to replicate to help. 

We are on FME Flow 2023.1.1.1

Any Ideas are welcome, fire them through and we will give them a go 😊  

icon

Best answer by siennaatsafe 18 April 2024, 01:22

View original

2 replies

Badge +4

We noticed that that the PUT request sent by the system when updating the app leaves both “allowedusers” and “allowedgroups” as empty, even though both were specified.

Not sure why this is happening 

{"name":"XXXX-Invoicing-Rates-Check",
"description":"This tool is to assist in the invoicing.",
"requireAuthentication":true,
"repository":"Production",
"workspace":"XXX Invoicing Automation - Rates Check.fmw",
"service":"fmedatastreaming",
"headingBanner":null,
"footerText":"",
"footerLogo":null,
"footerBanner":null,
"runImmediately":false,
"id":"XXXXXXXX",
"allowedUsers":[],
"allowedRoles":[],
"styling":{"backgroundColor":"#f5f6fa",
"browserTitle":"XXX Invoicing Rates Check",
"footerText":""},
"parameters":[
{"name":"XXXX",
"value":[],
"showInApp":true},
{"name":"TDR_Input",
"value":[],
"showInApp":true}]
}
Badge +9

Hi @ponting13 ,

I think I found this in our known issues article: https://support.safe.com/s/article/Known-Issues-in-FME-2023-x under FMEFLOW-21659 

Luckily, there is a workaround to this issue and it has been resolved in later builds. Try out the workaround and let me know if that works for you!