Skip to main content

I have a workspace that runs on FME server and watches a directory to process the incoming files.

So far this works fine.

With the help of FMEServerLogfileRetrievers I collect the log output of the conversion jobs, condense them and now have to send them via email. I have tested this with a (clarification: a different) workspace that runs as a job submitter, but it (clarification: the email sending through the workspace running as a notfication service) seems not to run as a notification service.

0684Q00000ArAMyQAN.png

While when uploading it as Job Submitter, I can select email ATEXTLINE] as Post Data,

0684Q00000ArAgSQAV.png

this is not possible with the Notifier:

0684Q00000ArAgXQAV.png

The __send_email Topic is tested and works.

<a id="17351" href="/storage/attachments/17351-wkt-import-submitter.fmw">wkt-import-submitter.fmw</a>Have I omitted something obvious?

Have you defined a publisher that will publish the topic "goeportal_wkt_import" when something happened? See here to learn more: FME Server: Notification Service

Have you defined a publisher that will publish the topic "goeportal_wkt_import" when something happened? See here to learn more: FME Server: Notification Service

Yes, otherwise the submitter and child workspaces won't run, isn't it?

I can see the result of those jobs in the server job log

What is the problem? I thought that you said the workspace cannot be run with a Notification service.

"I have tested this with a workspace that runs as a job submitter, but it seems not to run as a notification service."

This is a misunderstanding: I have another workspace that runs as a submitter where I can collect the logfiles and send the results through FMEServerEmailGenerator.

The current workspace that causes the problem runs triggered by a directory watch. This mechanism works as the job logs and the conversion results show. Only the logfile collection and the sending of the email does not work.

I.E. I assume that the combination of notification service and success/failure email causes the problem, the dropdown field in the upload dialog that does not allow 'email' as "post data from" is an indication for this

I tested it with a simplified workspace (see the screenshot) published as a Notification Service which will be kicked off by a Directory Watch publisher, and it basically succeeded to send an Email.

However there was an issue that the email wasn't sent when I set a gmail address to the To or CC in the FMEServerEmailGenerator. I don't know why a gmail address cannot be used here.

FME version is 2018.0.0.3 build 18305 for both Desktop and Server.

Thanks, @takashi. Carefully redoing the whole thing, avoiding gmail adresses, finally gave me the necessary results.

Thanks, @takashi. Carefully redoing the whole thing, avoiding gmail adresses, finally gave me the necessary results.

Good to hear.

However, it's an issue that a gmail address disables the notify on job completion. @jlutherthomas, could you please investigate this?