Skip to main content
Solved

Directory Watch 404 Error

• 30 August 2017
  • 5 replies

I am getting 404 Error when I click on the zipped file in the email, while doing Directory Watch Publisher Tutorial (2016). I am using 2017 FME Server.

Hi @pholmes, if you problem is zip file empty has a interesting link about this error 404: Error 404 and this link too Data Download.

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @pholmes, I'm currently working on writing an updated version of that article series for 2017 which should be posted within the next couple of days. 

The reason you are receiving this error is because the FMEServerJobSubmitter was changed between 2016 and 2017 and the $(output_path) parameter no longer exists. 

A workaround for now until the article is posted:

In the AttributeCreator after the FMEServerJobSubmitter, for the download_link attribute enter:

$(HostName)/fmerest/v3/resources/connections/FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_TEMP/filesys/convert_tool/output/@Value(_rootname).zip?accept=contents&token;=$(ServerToken)

If you don't have the HostName and Server Token user parameters set up, just replace it with your actual Host Name or localhost and your current Token. 

Ensure that your FMEServerJobSubmitter is updated to the latest version if you are working from the workspace that was provided in the 2016 tutorial. 

You might also have to change the DestDataset_GENERIC in the FMEServerJobSubmitter to 

$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_TEMP)/convert_tool/output/@Value(_rootname).zip

Hopefully that helps you finish the tutorial. I will post the updated tutorial here once I have finished it. 

-Liz 

Thank you!

Hi @pholmes an updated article for FME Server 2017 has been posted. Hope this helps

Directory Watch Publisher (2017)

@lizsanderson , thanks for the follow-up with article update. FYI, using your temp fix above everything worked great! Thanks again.