Question

Trace a single feature through a workbench

• 22 November 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi,

I'm trying to debug a workbench and was and was wondering if it's possible to see the flow of one particular record.

About 85k records (all with a unique ID) go into the workbench and flow through a network of transformers before all coming out via a single writer.

I have identified several features that have been processed incorrectly but in order to work out what went wrong I need to work out the path they took through the transformers.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Thanks

2 replies

Badge
Thanks, I shall look into that later (youtube is blocked at work).

For now I shall just seperate that feature using a tester; not sure why I didn't think of that first!
Badge +21
With complex workflows I usually have a Tester or Sampler right after the features have loaded. That way I can stop all features except certain ID-s that I want to trace further on in the workspace. When I see where they run away I usually add an Inspector where I think the issue is.

I havent used the "Run with Inspection" alot, because then I usually have to disable the Inspection-points I do not want to use, it seems easier to disable (or actually delete) Inspectors when you have solved an issue (to tidy up the workspace).