Solved

Supress translation log

• 18 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Is there a setting to disable the translation log window from automatically popping up when running a workspace? I’ve disabled all logging and hidden the window, but it pops up as soon as I run. I’m trying to record the execution of the workspace for a presentation, and the window keeps getting in the way.

icon

Best answer by AliAtSafe 21 March 2024, 17:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

You could undock it and drag it to another screen

or collapse it all the way down

Badge +1

That’s the workaround I’m using, but it’s not quite the solution I was hoping for. A checkbox in the settings for something like “show translation log on workspace run” would be great. Give me the ability to opt-in to this behavior. Besides, moving the undocked panel to another monitor when working remotely from a laptop is a bit...challenging.

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Hi, @jmcarthur.

I’ve reproduced your problem with the Translation Log.

The only alternative I found that could be helpful was to go into FME Options > Toolbar > Windows drop-down and drag the Translation log Icon to the menu bar in that window. Then, when the workspace runs again, clicking the icon disables the translation log and hides it while the workspace runs.

Hope this helps!

You could also suggest this functionality as an idea in +Start a post (beside your profile) and selecting Idea.