Solved

Point

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi 

I have a very simple question but it seems i can’t do it . I just want to make a point from an excel list with x y coordinates, but not by writing it to a writer because I have to do a lot of other operations with it. I have already tried different things, I first used a coordinateSystemSetter and then a vertexCreator. But during further edits I always get rejected and my model crashes. It can't be that difficult :-)

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 17 April 2024, 15:47

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

That is weird, because that should just work. What are your coordinates, epsg code and fme version? I’ll attach a working sample.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Could you add a AttributeValidator before the VertexCreator to test if the value is a Double?

Maybe cells are empty or some other weird formatted numbers. Then the VertexCreator will fail to create a vertex.

If your workbench fails after the VertexCreator the problem will be somewhere else. What transformer gives the error.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

The FME version is 2023.0 and epsg 31370.  The coordinates are like this. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

the Vertrexcreator itself does not give any errors, a little further I try a geometryvalidator and it repairs them all. But even or without that geometry validator, it is only with the neighborfinder that it gets stuck and stops.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You say during further edits it gets rejected, so is the VertexCreator succeeding in creating points but then those points have issues?

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

And what is the error on the feature that gets <Rejected>?

“try a geometryvalidator and it repairs them all”

What is there to repair? You just have points right?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Ok, I found the first error. In the vertexcreator I had chosen “add point” and that gave a line. I replaced it with “replace with point” and now I have points, but it still doesn't get through the neighbor finder.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Ok, I found the first error. In the vertexcreator I had chosen “add point” and that gave a line. I replaced it with “replace with point” and now I have points, but it still doesn't get through the neighbor finder.

The number of times I have accidentally done that...

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Just checking, is the projection the same for the base and candidate? With the VertexCreator now creating points properly, perhaps the issue is with the base not the candidate points.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes it is!

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

The number of times I have accidentally done that...

It is possible to save your preferred settings as default for each transformer. So if you want to have it default at “Add Point” it is totally doable.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

I do this all the time for the Sampler.

Set it on “First N Features” and 1.

That many times I added the Sampler and expect to have a sample of my data and it let “Every Nth Feature” trough, where N=1.