Solved

Is FeatureJoiner necessary after ChangeDetector to update with ESRI Portal Feature Service Writer?

• 26 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I am comparing records from two sources. I want to sync the records from one source to the other source. I am using ChangeDetector to do this (Workbench 2023.1). 

Output wise, what is the difference between these two workbench configurations? (one with the FeatureJoiner and one without the FeatureJoiner). When I look in the output database, as far as I can tell, I am getting my desired outcome without needing the FeatureJoiner but I want to make sure I am not overlooking something.

Is it necessary to use FeatureJoiner on the records coming out of the “updated” port of the ChangeDetector before pushing the records to the ESRI Portal Feature Service writer?

The examples I am coming across are using a FeatureJoiner after the ChangeDetector for the updated records e.g.:

https://support.safe.com/s/article/how-do-i-write-updates-to-an-existing-arcgis-onlin

icon

Best answer by liamfez 26 March 2024, 19:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You would need the FeatureJoiner if you were wanting to include certain attributes which were not already on the Revised data coming out of the Updated port.

Looking at the documentation you referenced, when discussing attributes under step 3: “The ObjectID is not included because the ObjectID is not found in the JSON file”. So using the FeatureJoiner allows them to merge that ObjectID from the original features onto the Revised features which were Updated.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@liamfez  Thank you for the clarification