Solved

ArcSDE geodatabase writer

• 18 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

When using the Transaction Type: Versioned Edit session in an ArcSDE geodatabase writer, all edits will be rolled back in the event of a translation failure. 

The geodatabase writer is set to Insert records in my workspace and I noticed numerous duplicate records after the translation failed due to conflicts identified during reconciliation. Do we need to modify anything in the writer?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by evieatsafe 19 March 2024, 22:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @fme_can_do_it thanks for your question. I’m wondering if you could check the settings in this photo attached? would be good to confirm if it is in fact attempting to write duplicate IDs. FME should be rolling back the Features if an error is encountered.

If you have checked these settings, and everything seems correct, perhaps you could submit a support case for us to investigate further!

Badge +8

@evieatsafe thank you for the reply! I see this in the writer settings:

I was not writing in a version so I kept the rec and post option empty as I was writing directly into the Default. Was this causing duplicate records in my workspace?

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

@fme_can_do_it ah, yes this is likely the reason for the duplicate values because it is not being written to a version in a versioned edit session. I would change the settings to match my screenshot for better results.

Badge +8

i'm a little confused here since I'm writing in a parent Default version. If I select "Delete Child state" following "rec" and post to "Yes," which version will it delete?