New Community Updates

• 18 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Dear FME friends,

I’m delighted to announce a few new updates to the FME Community platform.

• Updates to status.safe.com will now appear in a pop-up window on the community, to give you advance notice of maintenance or alert you to problems on other parts of the Safe infrastructure.

• The Network News section has been renamed to Community Alerts and moved out of the Welcome section to emphasize it is more technical info than general news.
    • It’s also been split into three different subcategories (Hub, StackExchange, Blog) so you can subscribe to each one separately
    • Speaking of which, yes, blog posts should now trigger alert posts on this site.
  • The Welcome category now has a specific place to ask questions about the community platform.

• The Events page has received an overhaul that includes the ability to filter by event type. Past events have also been moved to a separate tab. As we add more and more events to this page, this filter tool will be really useful.

• There is a new page that lists questions older than 3 days and without a response. If you make a response to help that user, you’ll get bonus reputation plus a nice badge.
  • The box in which to enter webinar codes has been renamed to “Redeem Reward Code”. Look out for other ways in which to earn rewards.

• We’re actively looking at ways to reduce the amount of spam on the system, so expect improvements very shortly.
  • Thanks for taking part in the poll about the Transformer Gallery. It’s now closed, but I hope to have some more polls and quizzes on the same lines very shortly.

I hope you find these updates useful,

Mark

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Dear FME friends,

I’m delighted to announce a few new updates to the FME Community platform.

• Updates to status.safe.com will now appear in a pop-up window on the community, to give you advance notice of maintenance or alert you to problems on other parts of the Safe infrastructure.

• The Network News section has been renamed to Community Alerts and moved out of the Welcome section to emphasize it is more technical info than general news.
    • It’s also been split into three different subcategories (Hub, StackExchange, Blog) so you can subscribe to each one separately
    • Speaking of which, yes, blog posts should now trigger alert posts on this site.
  • The Welcome category now has a specific place to ask questions about the community platform.

• The Events page has received an overhaul that includes the ability to filter by event type. Past events have also been moved to a separate tab. As we add more and more events to this page, this filter tool will be really useful.

• There is a new page that lists questions older than 3 days and without a response. If you make a response to help that user, you’ll get bonus reputation plus a nice badge.
  • The box in which to enter webinar codes has been renamed to “Redeem Reward Code”. Look out for other ways in which to earn rewards.

• We’re actively looking at ways to reduce the amount of spam on the system, so expect improvements very shortly.
  • Thanks for taking part in the poll about the Transformer Gallery. It’s now closed, but I hope to have some more polls and quizzes on the same lines very shortly.

I hope you find these updates useful,

Mark

Thanks @mark2atsafe