Bring back Free Home Licences and older plans

With the rebranding you get rid of free home licenses. No warning, nothing.

Like nany others, for years i build personal projects and contributed with some ideas and bug fixes. Now i simply cannot access to my projects unless i pay almost 10k from my own pocket. So, my idea is simple: give all free home license users an oportunity to buy a licence at the price you guys said not intended to raise.

Thank you

This 100%. I thought Safe had something unique with their personal use licensing. Especially for hobbyist and training purposes, it was an amazing program. I was able to learn how to install and deploy FME Server which eventually led to my FME Server certification.

Such a shame to lose such an important program for training purposes, access and community building. I don't know how many students and coworkers I've recommended FME to simply because they could grab a personal use license and start learning and experimenting with it!

Indeed, even supporting interested people by writing an article on how something works in FME is, for me, just impossible without the FME Home license.

It is really sad this is happening. I have been suggesting various clients. Almost increased the desktop licenses 20 and engines to 15. Now if i need to do a PoC in client restricted enviornment it is just defeating the idea and fall back. I am not sure i will be this confident going forward

That's sad the home licenses don't work anymore. How do I spend my evenings now? I was just going to renew the home license for the #30daymapchallenge and seems I am out of luck.

In all seriousness, the home license was one of the reasons I became a FME fan. I also did UC and World tour presentations based on the work done with a home license.

Bring them back please, Safe?

I learned FME at work, was bluffed and enthousiast. This product is great and could be used in many other fields than GIS. I'm an active contributor of the french speaking FME community solving issues for other on my former FME Home use licence. I believe offering the Home use plan is a better idea because it spreads the power of FME and could lead to more professional processes based on FME.

As many said already, I used my Home use licence for training and growing the FME community.

As my company uses FME I was told to ask for a special personnal license under ma company contract but after 2 months, nothing happened. Even my resellor wasn't able to generate a licence for me...

I think it is a no brainer to offer back the Home Use licencing program. Is it just a fear of loosing money ? Shouldn't be a problem seeing the new pricing table...

I know there’s a strong passion for FME outside of work which has been somewhat crippled by the changes. I would love to see it restored in its old form or at least see a home use license as an option.

Considering this, I would love to hear the reasoning behind the removal and also whether an (affordable) home use license is in the pipeline.

I think it would be nicer to hear some thought processes behind the decision rather than simply advertising the change and a link to the new page.