Question

PointCloudMerge isnt able to merge two nearly identical PointClouds. One of them full pointcloud model of building and the other is clipped.

• 24 May 2023
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

I have been trying to merge two PointClouds however one of them is clipped version of the building and I wish to pass a component from it to complete PointCloud dataset.

They are unable to be merge and when using only 2 coordinate system it produces DupplicateSupplier. I have tried changing them into individual points however the clipped PointCloud dataset is being <Rejected>. The clipped version of the PointCloud is also slightly shifted from original full building PointCloud.

Does anyone know why its yielding DupplicateSupplier and how I can resolve this?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @khairilariffin​,

Don't break them into individual points. Instead use PointCloudExpressionEvaluators to round the x, y and z components to new match_x, match_y and match_z components, rounding enough to remove the slight shift:

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 2.55.45 PMRounding both point clouds should bring them into alignment.

In the PointCloudMerger, choose the new match_* components to join on:

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 3.02.09 PMAfter the merge, you can use a PointCloudComponentRemover to remove the match_* components. You will still have the original unrounded x, y and z components.