Question

How to adjust walls afterwards to original ground surface?

• 23 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

Hi all,

does anyone know if it is possible to draw only the outside walls of a building based on a ground surface and a roof surface.

So ground surface is given and should not be modified and a detailed roof shape is given and should also not be modified. It is important for us to keep the original roof and ground and create only the walls.. We are using BrepSolidBoundaryCreator. As input we are taken the roof polygon and we do a negative extrusion to minal z value. But unfortunately we have as result a new ground surface and the old one does not fit to the walls. We want to keep the original ground surface.

So is it possible to move the created walls to the ground surface subsequently?

This would be necessary to take our original ground surface!

Something like this:

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi @limo​, I'm wondering if you considered the suggestion @daveatsafe​ provided here:

"If you supply the BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta with both your existing Ground and Roof surfaces, with Surface elevation set between the ground and roof elevations, the transformer will generate sides going down from the roof and up from the ground, meeting at the midpoint. If you only take the Side output, then merge those meshes together in a MeshMerger (grouping by building id), you will have sides that join nicely to both the roof and ground."

Badge +7

Hi @limo​, I'm wondering if you considered the suggestion @daveatsafe​ provided here:

"If you supply the BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta with both your existing Ground and Roof surfaces, with Surface elevation set between the ground and roof elevations, the transformer will generate sides going down from the roof and up from the ground, meeting at the midpoint. If you only take the Side output, then merge those meshes together in a MeshMerger (grouping by building id), you will have sides that join nicely to both the roof and ground."

Hi @nampreetatsafe​ ,

this was not really working. I forgot to write a reply sorry for that. I will do it now.