Solved

Failed to read the metadata for 2D rendering

• 18 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

I ran a workbench that reads data from .xlsx spreadsheet into a MS Access database (.mdb) table. I got this single error message:

"Failed to read the metadata for 2D rendering"

I have never seen this before, any ideas on what it means and a fix?

I am using FME Desktop Version 2021.2.6 (Build 21821).

icon

Best answer by vxn43 19 May 2023, 17:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @timh​, we've seen this issue before in the past but it always seems to resolve itself so we're still not quite sure what the cause is. I would suggest updating to the latest version of FME to see if that works, otherwise you can also try the usual things: machine restart, re-adding your reader and/or writer, etc.

If the issue persists, please feel free to file a support ticket so that we can take a more thorough look.

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @timh​, we've seen this issue before in the past but it always seems to resolve itself so we're still not quite sure what the cause is. I would suggest updating to the latest version of FME to see if that works, otherwise you can also try the usual things: machine restart, re-adding your reader and/or writer, etc.

If the issue persists, please feel free to file a support ticket so that we can take a more thorough look.

Since I am writing to an existing Access mdb, in Access, I changed the data type in the two date fields from date/time to short text. It still preserved the data in these fields with no changes after the data type change. I re-ran the workbench and it worked with no issues.