Solved

Excel Writer : Control default sheet

• 17 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

a while ago a user suggested to implement an "Option to control default sheet on Excel writer"

Does anyone know if this is now possible ? I am writing an Excel file with up to 100 sheets and I want to force Excel to open the first sheet by default.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 17 May 2023, 10:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

I do not know of an option in the writer. But I believe the last written sheet is the active one. So as a workaround, with AttributeCreators creating an order attribute, a Sorter and an AttributeFilter you can force this.

Thanks for your suggestion, Niels.

What I did not mention is that I am using a FeatureWriter with three different entries:

My first desired sheet is a recap, misting all other sheets, which I create seperately.

Than I have my sheets and the third entrie is a ssheet listing errors occured during the process.

So I am not sure if your suggestion does the trick. But it is a great starting point.

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Thanks for your suggestion, Niels.

What I did not mention is that I am using a FeatureWriter with three different entries:

My first desired sheet is a recap, misting all other sheets, which I create seperately.

Than I have my sheets and the third entrie is a ssheet listing errors occured during the process.

So I am not sure if your suggestion does the trick. But it is a great starting point.

I think it does, sample workspace attached.

I think it does, sample workspace attached.

This worked for me quite well! Bedankt !