Solved

Is FME 2023 released yet?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hey, so I'm looking at the download page here https://engage.safe.com/support/downloads/#official

And I'm seeing tabs with "FME 2022.2" and "FME 2023.0" and "Past Versions". Is it fair to assume that FME 2023 is still in Beta? I think this page is pretty confusing now. I'm pretty sure this used to have a Beta section. Anyone visiting this page who wasn't familiar might just download FME2023 thinking it's ready for production...

Checking the FME Cloud console I can see that FME 2023 is still listed as Beta

anyone at Safe wanna fix the webpage? @andreaatsafe​ @nampreetatsafe​ @mark2atsafe​ 

icon

Best answer by rylanatsafe 25 May 2023, 19:40

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 4

Agreed, we had the same discussion internally just yesterday. We couldn't reach consensus about what it meant :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Agreed, we had the same discussion internally just yesterday. We couldn't reach consensus about what it meant :-)

Here's what the FME Cloud UI saysimageBuild number is different to what is available here and on downloads page though so could be that the changes are still "propagating..."

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Here's what the FME Cloud UI saysimageBuild number is different to what is available here and on downloads page though so could be that the changes are still "propagating..."

Hi Matt

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. From what I understand, Form/Desktop is complete. Ready to use. Flow/Server is too... except there are some QA tests to be completed before the official release. So I have no worries about using Form. I only hesitate to suggest using Flow because I expect an update with the official announcement, and I wouldn't want customers to have to update twice within a few days.

So my advice is to have your customers hold off on updating Flow for now, even though functionally, it should be fine. I don't see a problem using Form, though I suppose partners might want to wait for our announcement before sharing that fully with their customers.

In short: it's all good, but I'd wait for our announcement before sharing that publicly.

Cheers

Mark

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Ok thanks for the info Mark! Just didn't want users to wrongly install a beta and use it in production

Badge +11

@virtualcitymatt​ 

I’m sorry for the confusion regarding our downloads page and Flow Hosted (formerly FME Cloud) console. Currently, we have the 2023.0 version available as ‘General Availability,’ which means it’s ready for testing. However, we are actively gathering feedback and making refinements before the official release. This applies to both FME Form and Flow.

We will make an announcement across our website, safe.com, as well as our social channels to inform you when it's available.

Any timelines set for FME server 2023.1 or .2?

Userlevel 4

I haven't heard any dates, but the regular release schedule would be the first half of July. However, I suspect it might be delayed this year due to the delays for the initial release of 2023.0.

Badge +11

@keara​ the suspicion from @david_r​ is correct... we expect that the FME 2023.1 release will not occur in July due to the added delay with FME 2023.0. There is currently no shift for our FME 2023.2 target (the Fall release is typically ~November).

Hi again, any updates on the release of .2?

Userlevel 4

Hi again, any updates on the release of .2?

I think the answer from Rylan above still stands, around November for 2023.2.

Hello any updates on the release of FME 2023.2?

We want to deploy FME 2023 before end of year , and it would be better to have the official 2023.2 release instead of the 2023.1 one.

Thanks

Userlevel 4

Hello any updates on the release of FME 2023.2?

We want to deploy FME 2023 before end of year , and it would be better to have the official 2023.2 release instead of the 2023.1 one.

Thanks

The release is scheduled for 05.12.2023.

Thanks for quick response David.