Solved

Merge 2 PointClouds of samew building but different coordinates and x, y, z together

• 15 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I have 2 PointClouds I want to merge their components using PointCloudMerger, however their x,y,z and coord values differ. They both represent scan of same building, but one has been set with global coordinates. I have applied Reprojector/CommonLocalReprojector but their location still differ. How do I change one of the PointCloud x y z values to be same other than forcefully changing it? And if I must change them by force what type are their in (Real64, Uint64, Int64, ...) ?

Alternatively, how can I pass the component value from each point to other point cloud through an index method as both Point Cloud have same number of points and should have same index.

icon

Best answer by kailinatsafe 23 May 2023, 18:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @khairilariffin​, thanks for posting! If both point clouds have the same number of points and index, I think we can add a new ID component (point_id) using the PointCloudExpressionEvaluator, and then merge the point clouds using this new ID:

imageIf you'd like both sets of coordinates on each point cloud, you might need to rename one set of components before merging (PointCloudComponentRenamer will do the trick). Otherwise, you can use the ConflictResolution parameter (featured in the bottom of the PointCloudMerger) to choose what point cloud component takes presedence on merge, either Requestor or Supplier. Please let me know if this produces desired results or not! If not, consider sharing the sample datasets. Happy to help, Kailin.

Thanks so much, this got it working.