Solved

Run multiple workbenches in sequence based on success and failure of preceding workbenches on FME Desktop

• 15 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I want to run multiple workbenches in a sequential order based on the success and failure of previous workbenches. I only have access to FME Desktop (No server) so I used 'WorkspaceRunner'. I created 3 workbenches (all three with basic tasks to open an excel workbook and Add/Subtract/Multiply values in column A with values in column B then add the results into a new sheet of the same workbook). Only issue is the flow runs through until the end and gives me 'Translation was SUCCESSFUL' even though one of the them fails to run, I tried using 'Tester' with different values but nothing useful. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 15 May 2023, 08:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

You need to make sure that the "Wait for Job to Complete" is set to "Yes". If a job fails a feature will come out of the "Failed" port. If "Wait for Job to Complete" is set to no then FME will submit the jobs in parallel...great for batch conversions but not great for chained jobs like want.

If you want the parent workspace to fail when a child workspace fails you can add a Terminator transformer connected to the failed port. The Terminator transformer will force the workspace to Fail and you can add a custom ERROR message.