Solved

PointOnLineOverlayer and acquiring attributes of points at both ends of the line

• 12 May 2023
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

I have street centerlines (Line Feature Class) with intersection points (Point Feature Class) the end of each line.

I am using the PointOnLineOverlayer and only the attributes of one of the end points is included in the output.

Using the picture here as an example, I want the Line output from the PointOnLineOverlayer Transformer to include the attributes something like this:

A St will include attributes of Pt 1 and Pt 3;

B St will include the attributes of Pt 3 and Pt 2;

C St will include the attributes of Pt 3 and Pt 4;

Illustration of the data usedCurrently, here is my Line output:

A St includes attributes of Pt 3;

B St includes attributes of Pt 2;

C St includes attributes of Pt 3.

Any ideas on how to ensure each Line includes the attributes of the points at each end of the line instead of only a point at one end of the line?

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 12 May 2023, 01:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @timh​,

In the PointOnLineOverlayer Attribute Accumulation parameters, uncheck Merge Attributes and check Generate List On Output 'Line', then set the list name and the attributes to add to it.

The resulting lines will then have a list attribute in the form <listname>{}.<attribute name>. You can use a ListIndexer to extract the first set of point attributes, then an AttributeRenamer to rename them. Use a second ListIndexer to do the same with the second set of point attributes.