Question

Owner transfer of automations faulty?

• 11 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi!

We are using FME Server 2022.1, I am currently dealing with a role-rights concept and have encountered a problem with owner transfer of automations.

I consider the following case:

User A has a classic Author role and publishes a FMW workspace on the server. An automation is set up for the published workspace, also by user A.

User A leaves the company and all items are transferred to a user B with identical rights. User A's account is deleted.

This works great for all items tested, just the automation. If you try to execute the automation transferred to user B (time-controlled or by manual trigger) the error message appears:

User "User A" does not have Run permissions for repository "XYZ"; the triggered job was skipped.

The automation seems to still know the original owner even after transferred ownership - The log also shows:

[...] --FME_SECURITY_USER "user A" --FME_SECURITY_ROLES "["user:user A", "testrole", "fmeauthor"]" --FME_SERVER_RUNTIME_USER "user A" [...]

As I said, user A has already been deleted.

Do I have a mistake in thinking? Am I doing something wrong? Is it a bug in the software?

Thanks for any feedback!

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi @mowo​ , I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior. Under User Management > Items, did you also transfer ownership of the repository to the new user?

Hi and thanks for your feedback!

Yes, I am absolutely sure I have transferred the repositories as well.

I had originally started here to recreate the case cleanly step by step. What can I say - the transfer was successful now

Note from me that may help other users - After ownership reassignment of the automation, I had to stop and restart it once. Only after that everything worked as expected. I guess this was also my original mistake.