Question

How to Extraction ORIENTATION from 3D Geometrical Object (IFC) FACE (F) of Geometry LONGEST direction of Geometry (L)

• 10 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

Hello all,

Please I am seeking help / support to extract ANGLE & LONGEST direction of the geometrical object in below format for each object.

L is the longest direction of object (In the direction of the longest dimension on the element )

F is the object facing direction to (In the direction of the normal vector from the centre point)

I could obtain the longest /shortest / angel direction from Bounding Box / Length Calculator but not sure to relate it in which direction ?

In this case its 3d objects fitted in a room.

1. Square 3D Objects
  2. Rectangular 3D Objects
  3. Circular 3D Objects

image F and L of this front side

I have extracted 4 Front facing Corner Vertices and 1 mid- point of it of the front side of plate

Also using bounding box as i have extracted Back side (bolts) corner points and the 1 centre-point of entire bounding box object (including plate + bolts ), if this helps.

imageimage 

This objects are part of walls / floors / ceiling of room. Please also take into consideration, sometimes this walls are also at certain degree, as not all wall of room are at 90 degree /perpendicular to each other.

1 reply

Badge +8

Workbench for reference of workflow