Question

Writing spatial data to an MSSQL table results in no data written

I have a spatial data set that contains line data that I need to write to a MSSQL table. Unfortunately at the moment the table is being created but no data is being written to it despite FME saying it is successful. I have my writer set up and it can be seen in the attached screenshot. I'm wondering how I can force the data into the table?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Anything in the log?

Anything in the log?

There are warnings but no errors and it says translation was successful. The number of features I expect to be written are written according to FME

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

There are warnings but no errors and it says translation was successful. The number of features I expect to be written are written according to FME

I believe the translation is always succesful unless it get terminated, so translation succesful might be a bit misleading.

How do you check the result? Can you try and use another workspace to read the written table? My MSSQL knowledge / experience is zero. This is what I would try to check if the resulting table has any feature.

I would also try to fix the warnings in the log. Got quite focussed on blue text in the years using FME.

I've checked the resulting table in MSSQL studio and it is blank; the column headings are there but there is no data in the table.

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Are you sure it is not a cache issue? This is the reason why I would check reading the table using another tool, FME, to be sure.