Question

AutoCAD Block Attributes (Lock Position)

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am writing features to a block that was created in a template. The attribute definitions in the block definition have their positions locked, but when I write a new file using the tempalte and block definition all the attribute definitions labels are moveable. I have been playing with settings and trying to figure out why it changes in the new file, but have not succeeded.

imageOriginal BlockimageNew Feature (See all the insertion points on the text, text is also moveable)

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @dbannon22​,

I'm pleased to share that this was an issue that we had been tracking internally as (FMEENGINE-72422) that was recently addressed for FME Form 2023.0. Would you be able to give this another try in FME 2023.0? You can find the download here: safe.com/downloads

@jovitaatsafe​ 

Hey Jovita,

I found a workaround just in case there was a reason someone was not upgrading to the newest version of FME. If you make the block template dynamic and add a Position parameter to your block it will function as intended.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

@jovitaatsafe​ 

Hey Jovita,

I found a workaround just in case there was a reason someone was not upgrading to the newest version of FME. If you make the block template dynamic and add a Position parameter to your block it will function as intended.

Fantastic, thanks for sharing that! I'm sure this tip will help someone; it's always nice to have the option of a workaround.