Question

How to write the data into specific cells in excel file

• 9 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I would like to write attributes name including data for each attribute at specific cells in excel file .

how could I achieve that

Fme 2021

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @spiderman​,

In the Excel output Feature Type Properties, set the parameter 'Row Number Attribute' to the attribute that will control the row you want the data written to. Also Set 'Use Attribute Names As Column Positions' as Yes. Then add an AttributeRenamer before the output feature type to rename your existing attributes to the desired column names (ie. A,B,C ... AA,BB,CC etc.).

Instead of the method above, a simpler way might be use the Start Position parameter in the Feature Type Properties to set the start column and row for the table.

Badge +3

Hi @spiderman​,

In the Excel output Feature Type Properties, set the parameter 'Row Number Attribute' to the attribute that will control the row you want the data written to. Also Set 'Use Attribute Names As Column Positions' as Yes. Then add an AttributeRenamer before the output feature type to rename your existing attributes to the desired column names (ie. A,B,C ... AA,BB,CC etc.).

Instead of the method above, a simpler way might be use the Start Position parameter in the Feature Type Properties to set the start column and row for the table.

thanks for reply ,

but I am still confused .i have succeeded to rename the attribute name to >>A and change excel writer properties as u explained

and write it to specific cell in third row as example but how could I write the data that was inside the column down the specific cell .

do u have sample workspace for writing different columns data into specific cells