Solved

Why does FME freeze at random ?

• 9 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello!

The FME im using: FME Workbench 2022.2.5

Im a student and using our floating license at school.

No matter how big/small the script is, it will just freeze at random.

If i place a simple node or hit export, the program just locks up and i have to either wait forever or just exit the program.

My computer is quite powerful so that shouldnt be the issue... Is there anyway for me to share more information that could help solve this issue?

icon

Best answer by mathiw1906 12 May 2023, 08:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

It is not usual for FME to freeze at random. I think most members in this community can confirm this statement, true? So, the issue might be caused on your side... Can you tell us something more about your computer? Is it yours, or is it managed by the school? If so, then it might be useful to contact your system admin. What other processes are running on the machine?

It is not usual for FME to freeze at random. I think most members in this community can confirm this statement, true? So, the issue might be caused on your side... Can you tell us something more about your computer? Is it yours, or is it managed by the school? If so, then it might be useful to contact your system admin. What other processes are running on the machine?

The computer is mine, its a MSI Pulse GL66 12UGK laptop.

Windows 11 Home 64-bit

32GB ram

12th gen i7-12700H

Im running FME version: 2022.2.5

Im not sure what other processes.. not much, i have tried to flash the latest bios and install the latest drivers...

its not about the size of my scripts, it just freezes, kind alike a game that has to load the assets, the stutter.. only here it stays frozen.... any ideas?

Also let me add that if i try to move or click on a rendered node, the program freezes almost always.

Update for anyone else.

(SOLVED)

Installed latest Python version (3.10) and switched in FME to use that dll instead. No problems since!