Question

Oracle table reading issue.

Badge +5

Hi guys,

I am trying to read a data from oracle and I connected that as reader while checking connection test status is showing successful but while I try to fetch the table it showing "Failed to retrieve feature type".

can anyone suggestion to override this issue?

Thank you in advance .

Regards,

Saravanakumar

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @saravanakumar​, thanks for posting! If you try manually entering the table name, instead of using the Table Selector Tool, are you able to read the data? If manually entering the table name does not work, please try to provide any of the following information:

• What version of FME are you using?
  • What version of oracle are you reading from? Is it oracle spatial or non-spatial?
  • If you click 'Show Log...' on the feature type pop up error in your screenshot, does it provide any other information? Are you able to share it here?

Also, please consider sharing a copy of your workspace (.fmw file)! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help, Kailin

Badge +5

Hello @saravanakumar​, thanks for posting! If you try manually entering the table name, instead of using the Table Selector Tool, are you able to read the data? If manually entering the table name does not work, please try to provide any of the following information:

• What version of FME are you using?
  • What version of oracle are you reading from? Is it oracle spatial or non-spatial?
  • If you click 'Show Log...' on the feature type pop up error in your screenshot, does it provide any other information? Are you able to share it here?

Also, please consider sharing a copy of your workspace (.fmw file)! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help, Kailin

Hello @kailinatsafe​ ,

Thank you for the response !

Oracle is worked when I select the table name instead entering manually.

Regards,

Saravanakumar