Question

What is a suggested workflow to extract a mass SketchUp model of buildings into individual buildings, to then be incorporated into ArcGIS Pro?

• 5 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have been sent a SketchUp model that includes roads, cars, trains, buildings, and other features. I do not have a SketchUp license.

Viewing with Inspector, all of these features are aggregated as one, so I cannot select individual buildings. What is a potential workflow to extract the individual buildings from this mass SketchUp model? My end goal is to incorporate these buildings as COLLADA (.dae) format to be used in an ArcGIS Pro Scene for land use planning and visualization. I know an appropriate workflow may be difficult to determine without having the attribute information, so even suggested potential transformers to use is appreciated.

Thank you.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @spencerreichert​,

If the mass model is an aggregate of surface features, the Deaggregator transformer may be helpful in breaking it up for you. it may take more than one to break the model up the way you want. Once the model is broken up, you can use the GeometryPropertyExtractor transformer to extract the Sketchup layer name from the geometry properties.