Question

DataDownload service - when no e-mail

Badge +21

Looking at the regular Sample\\austinDownload.fmw.samples_austindownloadWhen running this through the GUI with an actual email in Email result to field. The workspace will run, create a datadownload url and notify the topics DATADOWNLOAD_ASYNC_JOB_FAILURE or DATADOWNLOAD_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS and send e-mail. That is nice

When I DONT write an e-mail. It will NOT notify the topics and it will not send an e-mail.

So far so good.

However how to replicate this through the REST-API of FME Server?

I found the 8 year old thread regarding this: Using REST API submit, how to send email (safe.com)

However have there been some changes on the REST API the last 8 years to better handle this?

9 replies

Badge +21

I guess the endpoint is /fmerest/v3/transformations/submit/Samples/austinDownload.fmw

However I can not seem to call this in the two different ways:

1. With an e-mail address and notify the topics
  2. Without an e-mail and not notify the topic

Badge +21

I have also found the v4 of the api - and that does only have method to submit jobs - but no possibility to start a DataDownload service and get a URL for the result.

Badge +21

Easiest would be to add an option to specify the service in the REST API, for instance "service"="jobsubmitter" or "servic"="datadownload"

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Is there a reason you wanna do this with the REST api rather than the DataDownload Service?

I think by the way this is really important. I would love to be able to use the REST service to submit to a service.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

You should just be able to include (or not include) the topics you want to post to in your post request. I guess it depends on your upstream logic, and how you are building the post request for your REST call.

"NMDirectives": {
    "directives": [
         {
            "name": "email_to",
            "value": "example@example.com"
         }
      ],
    "successTopics": [
           "DATADOWNLOAD_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS"
        ],
     "failureTopics": []
}

Badge +21

Is there a reason you wanna do this with the REST api rather than the DataDownload Service?

I think by the way this is really important. I would love to be able to use the REST service to submit to a service.

My idea of the REST service is that it should be the one stop shop for all interaction with FME Server. And the issue with the DataDownloadService is that it does not work as intended as described.

Have you resolved it?

Have you resolved it? I'm looking online for examples of reflective essays since I want to write one. I found this website while surfing, https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/courage/ which educates me on the many essay styles and allows me to read them all to assist me finish my essay.

Badge +21

Have you resolved it?

Have you resolved it? I'm looking online for examples of reflective essays since I want to write one. I found this website while surfing, https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/courage/ which educates me on the many essay styles and allows me to read them all to assist me finish my essay.

Nope ​

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Nope ​

Ahh perhaps you're just looking for the DataDownload service?

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/ReferenceManual/service_datadownload.htm

It's not using the standard RESTAPI but the datadownload service. So different end points. The issue with the datadownload service is you cant sent your parameters as part of the POST body they must always be query parameters in the URL.