Question

Is there any way to stroke a .dgn custom line style or otherwise make it interactable to FME transformers?

• 28 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have a situation where .dgn linework is being drawn with a custom line style (a treeline). I need to test whether the arcs of the treeline intersect with building edge linework.

But when I load the .dgn into FME, the custom linestyle is not represented. It is still present, and (with the correct seed file and rsc and other tricks) I can write it out, but I need to work with the custom parts within FME.

Is there any way to do that? A similar option to expanding cells, but for lines? Or some other approach that would work?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @azeisinger​,

If you need the components of the custom line style in FME to test for intersections, the only way I can think of reading in the geometry of the custom linestyle is to drop the linestyle to it's parts in Microstation before reading it into FME.

In Microstation, the keyin is DROP LINESTYLE and then selecting the line(s), or from the menubar, Tools > Custom Linestyles > Drop Line Style. Be sure to save this as a different copy from the original so that you can keep a dgn file with the custom linestyle as an actual line.

Hopefully this offers a workaround for you to be able check the intersectiona on your tree lines in FME!