Solved

HOW to obtain Center Point / mid-point (it is coordiantes) of 3D CUBE of each side ?

• 27 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

I have got 8 coordinates and I wanted to extract mid-point / center point that has XYZ of EACH side of surface of 3dCube .

Please highly obliged with your help or input

XYZ coordinates 

3d cube

icon

Best answer by vimva679 28 April 2023, 23:43

View original

4 replies

Badge +8

I am aiming to extract or obtain 4 mid points of each side of surface . Your detailed setting and step -by-step response would be highly appreciated .

Please may i request an urgent help / support

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Have a look at the attached, I think that achieves what you're after

Badge +8

Have a look at the attached, I think that achieves what you're after

So excellent, absolutely it did achieve what i was after, am so much thankful for all your efforts to understand the solution i was after in that workbench. Also what i would even more be grateful it was so timely. I hope and wish to look to connect more and lean and understand some complex FME skills. Thank you once again . 🙏

Badge +8

More Complex / Advanced Extraction if you got any IDEA

RAW files types : IFC format ( it contain different geometrical features e.g. Square Plates , Cylindrical Pipes, Metal Rails , Doors etc. ) all of them are either connected to BOLT or some sort of support attached to geometrical feature that goes into the ROOM wall and helps to hold the geometrical feature i.e. Plates , Piles , Rails etc. on wall / roofs / ceiling of ROOM.

The challenge of extracting TRUE XYZ coordinates is that each geometrical feature is surrounded or having bounding box that does not let its true XYZ coordinates come out . PLUS geometrical features also have their own THICKNESS / DEPTH / LENGHT / HEIGHT of few inches .

what is EXPECTED :

All XYZ must of the side that is facing FRONT side and not towards the bolt / side going inside the wall / concrete & not the bounding box front side coordinates

Plates : TRUE

4 XYX Corner Points

+ 4 XYZ Mid point

+ 1 XYZ Centre point of all points of those 8 XYZ pointsPlate3Plate2Plate1 

Metal Rails : TRUE

4 XYZ Corner points

+ 4 XYZ Mid point

+ 1 XYZ Centre point of all points of those 8 XYZ points Channel1Channel 

Cylindrical Pipes : TRUE

1 + 1 XYZ Center point of both sides of pipe PipeCloseupPipe1 

thank you once , shall be highly obliged with solution / tnx