Solved

Write Excel file to SharePoint

• 24 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

is it possible to write an Excel file to a SharePoint site? I don't believe I wish to create a SharePoint list or a lookup but simply overwrite an existing file in a folder sat in SharePoint.

I can read a file from SharePoint in just fine using a Reader and just need the equivalent to 'write' I have tried the SharePointOnlineConnector but it's not outputting a file like I would expect.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 24 April 2023, 16:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

You can upload a file using the SharePointOnlineConnector. You can choose to overwrite if the file already exists. One way to do this is:

• Creator to initiate
  • SharePointOnlineConnector to download file.
  • FeatureReader to read downloaded file.
  • Do the modifications you want.
  • FeatureWriter to write to new file.
  • SharePointOnlineConnector to upload new file.

Badge +5

You can upload a file using the SharePointOnlineConnector. You can choose to overwrite if the file already exists. One way to do this is:

• Creator to initiate
  • SharePointOnlineConnector to download file.
  • FeatureReader to read downloaded file.
  • Do the modifications you want.
  • FeatureWriter to write to new file.
  • SharePointOnlineConnector to upload new file.

Thanks @nielsgerrits​  I struggled with the output, it just seemed to count the records and not output an actual file.

imageand I have 'Upload' selected in the Action to perform.

Looks from your description you have to perform quite a few actions simply to overwrite existing file in SharePoint.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Thanks @nielsgerrits​  I struggled with the output, it just seemed to count the records and not output an actual file.

Looks from your description you have to perform quite a few actions simply to overwrite existing file in SharePoint.

Thanks

The SharePointOnlineConnector can return the contents of a path (List), download a specific file or folder (Download), upload a file or folder (Upload) and delete a file or folder (Delete).

It should not be very hard, outputting a file using a FeatureWriter, uploading this file using the SharePointOnlineConnector. It is just an other mindset than writing directly to a file.

Badge +5

Thanks

Thankyou @nielsgerrits​ Yes that seems to work perfectly :-)

imageThe file is written to SharePoint

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Thanks

:)