Question

Transfor Date String from 'YYYY-MM-DD' to Date String 'DD/MM/YYYY'

• 21 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

HI All,

Any workaround to convert a date string (YYYY-MM-DD format) to DD/MM/YYYY ? The field type needs to stay as date string see below:

I've tried a few transformers (StringReplacer + ListExploder+ String Concatenator) but couldn't get it to work and show 21/04/2023

Thanks

5 replies

Badge +4

Hi @galigis​ ,

Have you already tried the DateTimeConverter with the following settings?

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Thanks @connecter​ - Yes, I have but fme gives me a rejection code 'INVALID_INPUT', see below:

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Thanks @connecter​ - Yes, I have but fme gives me a rejection code 'INVALID_INPUT', see below:

Before you pass the features into the DateTimeConverter, what does fme show the value to be? I'm wondering if ArcGIS is doing some conversion when showing the date

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Before you pass the features into the DateTimeConverter, what does fme show the value to be? I'm wondering if ArcGIS is doing some conversion when showing the date

Hi @hkingsbury​ - FME shows the Model_Date as 'YYYY-MM-DD' as string and ArcGIS is also treating the fields as string.

Over the weekend I came up with the solution, maybe isn't the most elegant workaround ever....but does the job :),

Here are the transformers used:

1- StringReplacer to replace '-' to '/'

2- AttributeSplitter to split filed by '/'

3- ListExploder

4-Sorter to sort the list values

5- (3) Testers to filter the element_indexes (day (2), month (1), year (0))

6- AttributeCreator to create 'Day', 'Month', 'Year' fields.

7- Feature Merger to join Day & Month by OBJECTID.

8- Feature Merger to join Month & Year by OBJECTID.

9- StringConcatenator to concatenate day, month, year

10- AttributeKeeper to keep the most important fields.

Any better workaround, please let me know! 🙂

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Based on the above, you should be able to use the solution provided by @connecter​ .

Can you provide a sample of the data?