Question

I was trying to extrude my .shp file using height feature and I used all of the techniques. But after extrude, I am not getting anything in the visual preview, which results no output when I write it. Is there any problem with my read file?

• 21 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I used points geometry to create my .shp file. I got the visual preview from the read file. But after extruding, I am not getting anything and it's not showing any error. I want to create 3d cesium tiles.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

It is difficult to understand what you are doing. Can you give us more information?

This works:

Extruder 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @shovanc91​, if you're working with Cesium you'll first have to specify a ground level for your models. You can use the 3DForcer to set the elevation (use 0 if you don't have one) followed by the Extruder where you can set your height attribute. Creator > Attribute Creator > 3DForcer > Extruder > LoggerI hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Hi @shovanc91​, if you're working with Cesium you'll first have to specify a ground level for your models. You can use the 3DForcer to set the elevation (use 0 if you don't have one) followed by the Extruder where you can set your height attribute. Creator > Attribute Creator > 3DForcer > Extruder > LoggerI hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Sara,

I am relatively new so just a question regarding 3D files. Do all extrusion workbenches require a 3D Forcer with some DEM?

Contexts as to why I ask the question above. I am planning on (hopefully) creating an automation to process various 2D/3D files from developers to extrude 3D buildings from their data and update our Buildings Layer in GIS.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @shodzic​ ,

If you have extruded point geometries with Extruder, those points have been transformed to vertical 3D lines, and it looks like nothing there if you see those vertical lines from top with Visual Preview.

I guess it is your situation.

Try to:

enable Feature Caching and run the workspace,

click magnifying glass icon of the Extruder to load the resulting features to Viual Preview,

select a resulting feature on the Table,

check its geometry type on the Feature Information window.