Question

I want make a view of the transportation of generated solar power (per property) over the Electrical Grid (grid lines to the transformation station).

• 20 April 2023
  • 2 replies

For a studie assignment I was free to choose a topic and I chose this. At the moment I have (shp) files with:

• Property data (e.g. how much solar panels per property with how much WP)
  • Electrical Grid (for the area of interest I have all grid lines - like a road network. Not included are the lines to the properties themselves, but the lines that run under the sidewalk in a neighbourhoud).
  • Transformation Stations (on the gridlines there are a number of transformation stations that are connected).

For each property I want to determine a point on the grid lines where the would be connected. And If I have that point I want to determine which transformation station is closest. I thought about LRS and Network Service Area, but after a few night looking for clues on the Internet and trying I have been able to figure out how to start.

Is there someone who can give me tips on how to start en proceed? I have only had a basic leasson in FME and I am having a hard time finding my way. Any help is appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jvdiest​,

The process described in the following article may be useful to you:

https://community.safe.com/s/article/creating-time-and-distance-isolines-using-the-netw

That will cover finding the closest transformation station using the electrical grid. The extra step you will need to do is to connect the properties to the electrical grid, which can be done with the NeighborFinder transformer.

Hello @daveatsafe​,

Thank you for your answer. I found the same information myself before asking the question, but hadn't any luck getting it working. I also tried the example itself with the data provided, but also got a different result. I will try to figure out why, I followed all the steps accordingly.,

With my own data there are lines shown, but I want to show the over a maximum of 500meter from the transformation station. The results i am getting att the moment look random.