Question

Unable to use UNC path in Global Key to perform Email Attachment in FME Server Automation

I was testing an email triggered workflow using FME Server Automation and in that try to attach a file from UNC path (network path) as attachment using Global Key to pass a value to 'Email Attachment ' parameter inside an Email(Send) - external trigger . However the workflow doesn't recognize the file path mentioned in my Global Key . Alternatively if I use a file from FME Shared Source Temp directory path ,the workflow runs without any issue and I was able to receive emails with attachment. So I am not sure using file UNC network path as Global Key in FME Server Automation is supported or not. Any insights appreciated.

Ex: ( Using Global Key - Not Working)

global.EMAIL_ATTACHMENT = \\\\kcr-fs-v\\ShrData\\Staff\\KS\\20230419_EmailAttachTestLog.txt

Ex : (Using FME Shared Resource Temp Directory - Working )(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_TEMP)/test/20230419_EmailAttachTestLog.txt

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

This is likely to be a permissions issue. Does the windows account running FME Server have permissions to read/write to that directory?

I don't think this is a permission issue as we checked and confirmed the account that runs core services and engine has permission (Read access only) to access UNC path (In our distributed case from both FME server and GIS Server, BTW we have engines instilled on separate machine than the FME Server). So not sure what causes the issue. Does Global Key accept UNC path in general if this is not a permission issue? Does this need write access as well?