Question

Question relates to Neighbor Finder

• 19 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +13

Hello ,

i have question relates to neighbor finder .

i have two different data of lines as input of neighbor finder .

lines A

lines B

my parameter : no. to find (keep empty ) without value so as possible

and distance 1 meter .

my target to find which lines from lines A close to lines B within distance 1 meter .

i have got the expected output with id .

But does it possible to find ,which part exactly of lines that has distance 1 meter from other lines and save geometries with id for each part of lines .

thanks in advance

fme 2021

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @gogopotter90​,

If you use a Bufferer to buffer the lines by 1m 0.5m, then send the resulting polygons to an AreaOnAreaOverlayer, the output polygons with overlaps > 1 will give you the areas where the distance is 1m or less.

If you want to find a distance of exactly 1m, use a GeometryCoercer on the buffer polygons to convert them to lines, then use a LineOnLineOverlayer and look for overlaps > 1 on the output.

Badge +13

Hi @gogopotter90​,

If you use a Bufferer to buffer the lines by 1m 0.5m, then send the resulting polygons to an AreaOnAreaOverlayer, the output polygons with overlaps > 1 will give you the areas where the distance is 1m or less.

If you want to find a distance of exactly 1m, use a GeometryCoercer on the buffer polygons to convert them to lines, then use a LineOnLineOverlayer and look for overlaps > 1 on the output.

Thanks a lot ,I will do ur idea .