Question

How to transpose attribute data in bulk rather then individually entering a data range using TestFilter? Can I import a data range?

Task: Transpose speed sections along a section of road that is provided as 5m point layer, this is to be done for multiple roads with multiple speed sections.

Road Layer : 5m Points with Chainages

Speed Zone Layer : Sections of road with Chainage From and Chainage To

When you have one road this task can be executed using TestFilter and manually entering the speed sections using Chainage From in creating the speed attribute.

SpeedTestQuestion:

Is there a transformer or a way that I can import the parameters from the Speed Zone Layer, without having to enter the filters manually? As I will need to do this task for multiple roads with multiple sections. Entering different testfilters manually is very time consuming and inefficient and tedious, hoping I can import in bulk?

SpeedAppreciate all the advice :)

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @junn.d​,

I think this can be done using some of FME's spatial tools.

• use a VertexCreators to turn each of the records into line, with X's being CHTO and CHFROM and Y being 0
  • Use SpatialFilter to merge the data
    • Send original roads to Candidates
    • Send updates to Filters
    • Set Spatial Predicate to 'Filter OGC-Contains Candidate'
    • Enable Merge Attributes and set Conflict Resolution to Use Filter

This method assumes that all the original segments fit completely with the the range of an update. If the original segment will be broken by the updates, it would be better to use LineOnLineOverlayer to merge the data, then extract the new chainages from the beginning and end X coordinates.

If you would like to supply the Excel file, I would be happy to set up a workspace to illustrate the process.

Hi @daveatsafe 

Thank you for your feedback, as requested please see attached file will be great to see.

I appreciate your time on this :)

Regards

Junn.D

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

I would read the file in and then use an Inline Querier to map the speeds to the points

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I thought it was segments that needed updating, but points are even simpler:

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 10.09.20 AM