Solved

Upgrading server from 2020 to 2022, changed behaviour with automations output

• 19 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi list.

I've just upgraded our FME Server from 2020.2.5 to 2022.2.2.

I'm still using the 2020 workspaces, and I've noticed a changed behaviour.

I did some test with Automation a while back, and thus have some remnant automation output features in some workspaces. In 2020 these worked well, yielding no erros or warnings, but in 2022 a runtime error like this is logged:

AUTOMATIONS_2: Server connection error.  Unable to send Event to automation route 'Trin2a': { ..... }

Why does this throw an error ?

Luckily it doesn't matter in this workspace, but I have used Automation extensively elsewhere (nightly data-imports), so I am concerned about whether my other workspaces, that have active automation logic, will work?

Is the error above just a disclaimer that it didn't run in a started automation, and so doesn't have anything connected to my "Trin2a" automation feature output, and warns about it in version 2022 (but not in 2020) ?

Any insights about this is welcome.

Oh well, I guess I'll see what happens tonight in the morning :-S

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by keziaatsafe 20 April 2023, 15:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Lars I Nielsen​ ,

I tested this in our recent release and this warning message is only present if the workspace containing the Automations Writer is ran outside of an Automation. For example, if you run a workspace containing an Automations Writer in FME Workbench or on the Run Workspace page on FME Flow, you'll see the warning message that it is not able to route the automation output .

When running the job within an Automation, the log will include:

AUTOMATIONS_1: Using Automation ID with value '<automation ID value>'
AUTOMATIONS_1: Using Automation Node ID with value '<automation Node ID value'

Let me know if you're experiencing a difference in behaviour.

Thanks,

Kezia

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi @Lars I Nielsen​ ,

I tested this in our recent release and this warning message is only present if the workspace containing the Automations Writer is ran outside of an Automation. For example, if you run a workspace containing an Automations Writer in FME Workbench or on the Run Workspace page on FME Flow, you'll see the warning message that it is not able to route the automation output .

When running the job within an Automation, the log will include:

AUTOMATIONS_1: Using Automation ID with value '<automation ID value>'
AUTOMATIONS_1: Using Automation Node ID with value '<automation Node ID value'

Let me know if you're experiencing a difference in behaviour.

Thanks,

Kezia

Thanks Kezia.

Yesterday I did a small test with two (2020 and 2022) test workspaces in an automation, and they worked as expected.

I had my regular production automations run during the night, and they thankfully all worked as expected.

So it was just a (new) warning in 2022, which is ok. Again thanks.

Cheers.