Question

Move all data to zero

• 18 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

I'm new to FME and want to create a workbench that translates 3D data to zero.

I have IN (reader) -> CenterPointExtractor -> Affiner -> OUT (writer).

Within Affiner have:

1, 0, @mult(@Value(_inside_x),(-1))

0, 1, @mult(@Value(_inside_y),(-1))

I've tried a bunch of variants of this but am struggling to get the data to move to zero. Workbench attached.

Thanks for the assistance.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jp12212​,

The Offsetter might be simpler than the Affiner, since you can just us the negatives of the center values as your offsets.

Badge +4

Hi @daveatsafe​ ,

I have modified as per below but it seems to not be working still. Any suggestions.

Cheers

Userlevel 4

You'll still need to offset relative to the geometry reference point (in this case it's the center point), otherwise you'll just move the geometry 1 ground unit south-west relative to the original position.

Try this:

Badge +4

You'll still need to offset relative to the geometry reference point (in this case it's the center point), otherwise you'll just move the geometry 1 ground unit south-west relative to the original position.

Try this:

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me - this seem to be working but not all the elements are moving (only the lines, not the solid box). Is this behaving as it should? I will go and test a couple of other files in case. If you see anything incorrect here though please let me know.

image.png

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me - this seem to be working but not all the elements are moving (only the lines, not the solid box). Is this behaving as it should? I will go and test a couple of other files in case. If you see anything incorrect here though please let me know.

image.png

Remove the connection between the source feature type and the Offsetter - it is bypassing the CenterPointExtractor, creating a second set of features at the original location.

Badge +4

Great, thank you!