Question

Question on ShortestPathFinder

Badge

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I have two indoor map data. One is the indoor network for the entire floor. Another one is the POI (My interested points A & B).

I would like to use ShortestPathFinder to see if the network is routable.

However, I am not sure why I am not able to use the "ShortestPathFinder".

My ultimate goal is to check all my POI points are routable.

Could someone please give me a hand?

Since I cannot upload the zip file in this forum. I have upload my data on Google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nYZaHHyXM6DhMzfH_abuBgPPtc55Jpkk/view?usp=sharing

Thank you and I am really appreciate your help.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Try putting your network through a TopologyBuilder, for the shortest path finder to work the network needs to be topologically noded, i.e. all features must be split at junctions

Badge

Try putting your network through a TopologyBuilder, for the shortest path finder to work the network needs to be topologically noded, i.e. all features must be split at junctions

It works well after I break the lines! Thank you so much.

Now I come up to other questions.

I will have hundreds of POI in each floor. May I know how I can draw lines for all POIs in order to have lines to input in "ShortestPathFinder"?

Second, I will have hundreds of line, may I know how can I loop the "ShortestPathFinder" transformer to check all the "line" that are routable?

Sorry for all the questions. I am really bad at FME.

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend! :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

If you want to create all combinations of lines you could do something like this, with your points to create all possible from_to lines. These can then just be sent into the shortest path finder, no looping requiredimage 

Badge

Will try, thank you so much! :)

Badge

Hello @ebygomm, I am just wondering what is the reason to use "Attribute Creator"? Also, after Vertex Creators, I only have a bunch of points, may I ask how to get all possible lines?

Also, I come up to another problem. Since I will have a lot of lines on different floors. How can I draw all possible lines on each floors? As I don't see group processing in these transformers.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you.