Solved

1. How do I export, to an excel template, data from a Survey123 form that has related tables? 2. Rather than overwriting the excel file, how can a create a new excel file from the Parent record, while integrating in the Survey123 related tables

• 12 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a Survey123 form, that needs to be exported to a specific excel template file. The Survey123 form has 1 layer (parent record), and two related tables associated with that single record. The final format for the excel template would need to be 1 file per record, with two sheets (from the two related tables). Prior to exporting out to the template files, I would need to filter the data down by a site name

For instance, a site (that I have filtered down to) may have 4 records taken on it, so I would need to create 4 separate excel files, based on a Plot ID field. Each on of these excel files would then have 2 sheets based on the related tables of the record.

Open to suggestions and comments. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by engelm1324 17 April 2023, 20:51

View original

3 replies

Badge +14

I just looked at my Survey123 export I created a while back, and it is bananas. To keep this answer simple, the trick to what you are trying to do is all at the Writer. I created an attribute during the process and called Excel_Tab_Name. They made it something really hard and I did a calculated field in the AttributeManager for that.

In the General section at the top of your writer, you will assign the field for the tabs. I had to create a row_id to ensure all the Survey123 data went into the correct place for each spreadsheet. The writer's field was the actual columns in each tab (A, B,& D).

Hope that helped.

Thanks! I will give this a shot.

What I ended up doing was having a series of attribute managers that ultimately went to 1 excel document. I was able to use the fanout method based on a certain attribute to create the additional excel spreadsheets. Here is my solution to my question. This may need some clean up, but for now it is getting me what I need.

Solution