Question

IMPROVE PERFORMANCE FOR QUERY

Badge +9

IF I WANT TO FIND RELATED INFORMATION FOR A VERY SMALL AREA MAYBE A 1 MILE SQUARE AOI BUT I HAVE N SDE DATABASE WITH PROBABLY 14 MILLION RECORDS IN IT.

THERE IS NO ATTRIBUTE INFORMATION THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO PREQUERY THE DATABASE RECORDS THAT WOULD BE RELATED.

ALSO THERE COULD BE 4 OR 200 RELATED RECORDS. I HAVE TRIED A LOT OF DIFFERENT METHODS. BUT CANNOT FIND A WAY OTHER THAN READING ALL 14 MILL RECORDS. AND IF I HAVE 2 SMALL AOIs THEN I HAVE TO WAIT ALL OVER AGAIN. THE SOURCE OF THE AOI IS USSUALLY KMZ LINE PLACEMARK. ANY HELP OR IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECITATED.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @Brad Nesom​,

Please try using a FeatureReader with the AOI as the input feature. Set the FeatureReader up to read the SDE, then set the Constraints - Spatial Filter to Initiator OGC - Contains Result. For many spatial databases, this will push the filtering onto the database application.

Badge +9

Hi @Brad Nesom​,

Please try using a FeatureReader with the AOI as the input feature. Set the FeatureReader up to read the SDE, then set the Constraints - Spatial Filter to Initiator OGC - Contains Result. For many spatial databases, this will push the filtering onto the database application.

Thank you @daveatsafe​ ,

That for some strange reason didn't work the first time i tried it. i changed spatial filter and got results. then when i switched the filter back to OGC contains i did get results. (first results below. THANKS!)

The minimum (x,y) and maximum (x,y) bounds, respectively, of the search envelope being used are: (-103.32700721710732, 31.673369732325778) , (-103.13470161721034, 31.824363673050264)

Destination Feature Type Routing Correlator (RoutingFactory): Tested 0 input feature(s), wrote 0 output feature(s): 0 matched merge filters, 0 were routed to output, 0 could not be routed.

HOWEVER: If i use the same wb but put these coordinates into the sde reader as minxy, maxxy values i get different numbers of features than i get from the OGC contains. I have switched a couple of times to other filters but cannot match the numbers by manually putting the values into the reader.

Ideas?layoutnumbercompare