Question

Autocad writer mirror's some entities!

I am playing around with FME to see if I can use it to convert autocad dwg files that use colour based plot styles to named plot styles (CTB to STB). I have attached a simple workspace that has an autocad reader and then sends it to a writer. No transformations. The writer uses a template file that uses our standard STB file for plotting. The converted file is mostly okay, but for some reason some of the leaders are way out of place. After some investigation, I found out that they are mirrored on the X axis. If I insert the converted drawing over the original with X scale factor set to -1 those leaders end up exactly where they should be. What's going on?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @ronmak​ sorry for the delayed response! We have seen this issue and it’s on our radar to improve for the future but we don't have a timeline just yet. This relates to an issue regarding leader lines and the value of autocad_extrusion_x/y/z. The simplest solution is to remove any of the attributes you have for autocad_extrusion_x, y, and z. This can be done in an AttributeManager or AttributeRemover. If this does not solve the issue, you may need to continue with your current workaround. Let us know as I can add this thread to the current bug.

Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help!

Evie

Thanks for the reply. I will continue with my current workaround but would appreciate knowing if this is addressed. I have other drawings that I tried this on and had other challenges as the source drawings have objects in model space and paper space. I see the options on the reader but strange things showing up on the output dwg. The one I posted was a sample that I could figure out. I haven't worked on this in a while and have been focusing on an application using autolisp instead.