Question

Joining a table to a feature class, and then exporting that to ArcGIS Online.

• 4 April 2023
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

So I have created a work space with an SQL Creator to query a table of inspections I am interested in. It seems to have the proper number of results showing, but I am not sure how to actually view the queried table in the FME interface.

I also have a feature class from our SDE in the workspace as well as the table of ALL the inspections.

What I want to do is only use the related features that would match to records from the SQL Creator query to export to ArcGIS Online. I also want the full inspection table to also be exported to ArcGIS Online, so that a user can click on the feature and see all related inspections (which should include the one from the SQL Creator).

Hopefully that makes sense. Here is what I have so far...what do I do next??

4 replies

Badge +2

@bbulla​ I would first take an quick FME training course. I little dated, but will give you the basics of working in FME Workbench in a short course. For the joins, Merging or Joining Spreadsheet or Database Data has a nice flow chart showing the options for creating joins in FME. each of the transformers is discussed in more detail in How to Merge and Join Tabular Data

Hi,

Well I eventually figured this out. With the SQL Creator I was missing some info in the setup, and then rest was just using the Feature Joiner more or less.

Has anyone tried to connect to their own Portal in the FeatureWriter? It seems to let me connect to my ArcGIS Online account, but I was hoping I could connect to my Portal account.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

you can use the writer "Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service" to connect to your portal.

Thanks Tom. Have you used this Writer before? I'm having troouble getting it to connect to my Portal. It is behind a firewall, but so am I, so I wouldn't think that would make a difference. For the Portal URL, do I use the whole thing?? Normally it would be https://data.durham.ca/portal/home/index.html, but that seems to give me trouble logging in.