Solved

dwg - workspace didnt generate any output

Badge +1

Hi Everyone

I am slightly bamboozled and wanted to know if someone knows where I am going wrong or if this is a potential bug.

I have had used the FME Cloud and FME Server for loads of FME Server Apps, and havent come across this issue so far.

I get the following warning after running a fme server appfme_warning 

I am converting a .dwg file to an excel file. 

If I use a feature_reader set for readings dwg:

Autodesk AutoCAD DWG/DXF

I get the warning, that the no output can be generated. But if I read an ifc and convert it to excel, all is well. 

Is there maybe a problem reading dwgs? Why is there no output generated? The FME Server Jobs show that the job is completed without any errors.

I have uploaded a .dwg and .ifc and the workspace

regards

Fred

icon

Best answer by hkingsbury 2 April 2023, 22:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

If you run the workspace in desktop, is the excel file produced? What does the Job log say?

Also you only uploaded the FME and no other data.

Badge +1

Hi hkingsbury

I just uploaded a dwg file and an ifc (I have uploaded it a .txt file. Please just change the extension to .ifc, because one cant upload .ifc onto the platform)

I will quickly run the logs on the server as well as locally and post them as well.

FME Desktop 2022.2.3.0 is loaded on my machine and the FME Server build is: 2022.2 (22782)

Badge +1

Hi hkingsbury

I just uploaded a dwg file and an ifc (I have uploaded it a .txt file. Please just change the extension to .ifc, because one cant upload .ifc onto the platform)

I will quickly run the logs on the server as well as locally and post them as well.

FME Desktop 2022.2.3.0 is loaded on my machine and the FME Server build is: 2022.2 (22782)

2 x Local logs as well as two server logs have been uploaded!

When I run the workspace locally, both the ifc and dwg produces an excel.

For the log desktop and log server, I cant seem to see any thing out of place

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

For your server IFC, it seems to be producing a result fine

For your server DWG, all features are coming out the notmatched port on the string searcher

Badge +1

Hi hkingsbury

Thank you for looking at the issue. Mentioning the stringsearcher made the issue clear to me. As the regex in stringsearcher was looking for a windows "\\" in the path, it was not finding it, and obviously did not continue with reading the workspace. I did realise why I used it in the firstplace, and the reason was that the dwg reader does not show the fme_basename:

DWG and DGN reader not exposing fme_basename and published parameter (safe.com)

and hence the stringsearcher.

Using the filenameextractor I have been able to successfully publish online.

Thank you for the support!

Fred