Question

How to check/uncheck multiple attributes in a transformer

Badge +8

There are many FME transformers that allow you to select one or more attributes for analysis. In this case, I have about 350 attributes in a CRCCalculator and I would like to select about half of them. It would be much easier if could select them in a group rather than individually. Is this possible? I've tried using the standard shift-click - clicking the first checkbox and then doing a shift-click somewhere down the list on another checkbox to grab everything in between - but no luck. Is it done another way? I'm using FME 2020.1.2.1 (Build 20624).

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Could be worth creating an idea here for the selection part- https://community.safe.com/s/bridea/acideasULT__brIdea__c/00B4Q00000AWlEVUA1

Re the CRC, why are you needing to do it over so many attributes? 350 attributes is a lot, and is very likely to be negatively effecting the performance of your wider workspace. Can you remove the unneeded attributes using the BulkAttributeRemover?

Badge +4

Hi Aaron! Thank you for your question, I suggest using the "standard shift-click - clicking the first checkbox and then doing a shift-click somewhere down the list on another checkbox to grab everything in between", in an added AttributeManager transformer, before using the CRCCalculator.