Question

Where to get Draco compression plugin in FME Desktop?

• 27 March 2023
  • 4 replies

As per ChatGPT, FME supports Draco compression and FME has a plugin 'Draco 3D Mesh Encoder/Decoder' in tools->plugins & transformers->dialogbox-> choose download tab->scroll down and will get the plugin. But even I am not able to see the option plugins & transformers in tools.

So can anyone make me clear where to find it in FME Desktop, I am using latest version of FME.

Thanks

Basant Lal

4 replies

Userlevel 4

I'm wondering if ChatGPT is perhaps inventing new functionality in FME... ;-)

I've no experience with Draco compression, but according to this idea it's still in the "gathering interest" stage: https://community.safe.com/s/bridea/a0r4Q00000HbrMXQAZ/draco-compression-on-gltf-and-cesium-3d-tiles

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

That's because it isn't there. Just because ChatGPT says something is available in FME doesn't mean it actually is. My colleague recently got a very well-written transformer description out of ChatGPT. Only problem... that transformer doesn't actually exist...

There's an idea to add Draco compression to FME, if you vote for that it'll increase the chances it gets supported.

I'm wondering if ChatGPT is perhaps inventing new functionality in FME... ;-)

I've no experience with Draco compression, but according to this idea it's still in the "gathering interest" stage: https://community.safe.com/s/bridea/a0r4Q00000HbrMXQAZ/draco-compression-on-gltf-and-cesium-3d-tiles

Yes 😂 , Btw FME should give Draco compression option, it will be very helpful for the organizations trying to adopt cesium js for 3d application

That's because it isn't there. Just because ChatGPT says something is available in FME doesn't mean it actually is. My colleague recently got a very well-written transformer description out of ChatGPT. Only problem... that transformer doesn't actually exist...

There's an idea to add Draco compression to FME, if you vote for that it'll increase the chances it gets supported.

I hope, FME will consider it as priority